Now that we only have a few more weeks here in Oman, I have made it a point to take pictures of the places we frequently visit while being here. This is the Darbat Hotel restaurant. It is one of the nicer (clean) places to eat here in Salalah. It serves mostly Turkish food. Our favorite is the shwarma plate. You can get it with or without hummus. I thought I would choose the more healthy option and go without the hummus, but instead of hummus I got a glop of mayonnaise on the side. Should have enjoyed the hummus!
This is a Shwarma Stand. They are ALL OVER the place here in Salalah. Talk about fast food! You just drive up, honk your horn, they come and take your order...either chicken shwarma or mutton shwarma...Chop, chop, chop...throw it in Lebanese bread (pita), wrap it and and then you give them 200 biasa (50 cents!).
This is a Shwarma Stand. They are ALL OVER the place here in Salalah. Talk about fast food! You just drive up, honk your horn, they come and take your order...either chicken shwarma or mutton shwarma...Chop, chop, chop...throw it in Lebanese bread (pita), wrap it and and then you give them 200 biasa (50 cents!).
There are fresh fruit juice stands everywhere too. This is Katheryn and Mommy enjoying pomegranate and papaya juices! (notice the glop of mayo)

Here at the Darbat they serve lentil soup with the meal. VERY GOOD!!!
Daddy and Claire sharing soup!
Our family nights out to eat will probably come to a quick halt once we get to Texas!! I think we may have spent $10 (AT THE MOST) on our meal here. We can't even do that at McDonald's anymore!








2 comments:
Oh my gosh. YUM YUM YUM is all I can say! I love entries like this where we get to see what life is like over there!
Hey girl!
I know what you mean about it being so cheap. Egypt is like that. I just had my eyebrows threaded and my hair washed and straighened for less than $6. It is unreal.
Miss you a lot. I am sure you are looking forward to going back to the US. Lachlan, Briar and I have only been here (almost) 2 weeks and I am missing things. Like driving and Starbucks. And Target. And all of you guys.
Talk to you soon
Jess
Post a Comment