The other night we went to the Dolphin to eat. It is here at the resort. We went with our regular group since our friend Carol was going on her home leave for three months. Every night there is a group of Russian singers/dancers that perform. They sing a lot of American hits (yet they don't know a lick of English!) Can you imagine? Having to sing a song and not knowing what you are singing? Wait....I take that back. I did have to learn all these German, English, Latin, Italian songs studying music! But they weren't pop songs. I was quite impressed with how well they sang with not knowing the language. While they sing they sort of dance. Just a little swaying and hand movements. Oh...I forgot to mention...the girls are very scantily dressed. They do have on pants, but their tops are basically sequined bras. So we are all eating and you notice that the guys (our husbands) are not really paying attention to these women, or at least trying not to pay attention! All the while, Katheryn is just amazed at these girls. She absolutely LOVES to dance and sing! We all notice that Katheryn is mimicking every move the dancers are making. The girls invite her on stage (and little Claire too) to join them. Immediately the men's attention turns to the stage, watching my beautiful little girls flutter around on the stage. I look around the table and everyone is saying "Ahhh...how cute!!". I say, "Joel, you have to run get the camera!" (I usually carry the small one in my bag but the battery was dead). Joel takes off running. Our villa is about 1/4 mile away and it seems like I blinked and Joel was back. Dripping with sweat! I don't think he had ever run so fast. So, Joel starts taking pictures. Me...I am sitting there like a proud mama admiring my girls.
Then I look around again at every ones gaze. They aren't looking at my children!!!! They better not be looking at my girls like that!!!!! "How cute" yeah right! They were using them as an excuse to look at these Russian chicks. I can only imagine what Joel was thinking as he was running to get the camera, "Must run faster...this is the only chance I will get to take a picture of another woman barely dressed!" I let the song finish and have the girls say thank you and then sit down again. Then the men force their gaze back to our table as if they have soar necks.
On a different note...
Here is baby Luke!!! He is just so cute and sweet. Almost 9 months old! The boy wants to walk! I saw him the other day take his hand of the coffee table with the attempt to take a step, but he fell flat on his face. He still has a while before he actually will walk.
He is working on this 7th and 8th tooth. He loves the camera. When he smiles he crinkles up his nose and shows off his teeth!
He is a phenomenal musician too! I see potential! He loves the toy drum we have, and if he gets fussy at the table I just give him two baby spoons and he sit there drumming his own little rhythm. Of course the rest of us don't eat in peace, but I don't think that is possible with 3 kids!

Until next time....








2 comments:
Let me set the record straight...Angela was the one that insisted that I get the camera. I ran because she said hurry and I didn't know how long the girls would be up on stage. The picture of half naked Russian ladies was just an afterthought!
I know what you mean about "I'll just check the internet" turning into 30 minutes! If I would turn off the computer, I would be much more productive!
Funny story about the russian girls! The girls look so cute. Luke is adorable!
Post a Comment