Sunday, July 09, 2006

Well, we did have a July 4th celebration here in Oman, but it was actually on July 5th. A lot of the Americans drove down from Thumrait to help celebrate. Some "chickened out" because of the drive down the mountain. But that is OK! We still had a great time. We also had a British couple who we are friends come. They lived in AZ for a year and SC for 3 years. Russ actually knew Joel briefly while in AZ! It is such a small world though! I was walking the golf course a few hours before the party started, and a "westerner" asked me where I was from. I said, "Mississippi". He replied, "Me too!" Ends up he has a house in Clinton, MS! He is here for work and has been eating lots of hotel food, so I invited him to come to the cook out. The weather held off for us and it was a nice evening.
No fire works....Thank goodness!!

Joel had a hard time getting the fire started (he blamed the coals!). This picture is Russ and Joel pretending the flames are hot. I don't know what Dan is doing. Anyway, this picture just makes me laugh!

No comments:

Blog Archive