Friday, June 30, 2006


This weekend has gone by so fast! The weekends here always do. The khareef hasn't officially hit yet, but the sky has been overcast the past few days and we have had some slight drizzle. I think I am going to like the khareef (monsoon season). It isn't a heavy down pour of rain from what I have been told. It is just a constant drizzle. I am sure it will get old after a while!
Now that we know we are headed to San Antonio, I have spent a lot of time on realtor.com. I am seriously addicted. I think I have looked at every house that is on the market in San An! I have favorites, but who knows if they will still be for sale in 6 months! Besides house shopping online, I keep myself pretty busy with the kids. Since the sun has been hiding behind the clouds, we ventured outside to play on the playground and went to eat at the restaurant by the beach the other day. We are so spoiled in some ways. It is only a five minute walk from the villa! The girls played and tried to catch beetles and lizards.
We still do some school work with Katheryn every other day. She loves to learn! She sometimes asks to do more schoolwork! Claire is picking up some of the things Katheryn is learning too! It is amazing to watch them soak up things so quickly!

Luke is getting bigger everyday! His third tooth has popped through. He is crawling ALL over the place. Still smiles all the time. Even in the morning when I wake him up, he is just grinning ear to ear! Don't you think he looks like his daddy in this picture?

Not too much longer! 3 1/2 months! When the khareef hits, there are more Arabs that come in from all different surrounding countries to enjoy the cooler temperatures. There is also a huge festival that goes on with lots of vendors selling all different kinds of neat stuff! So we are looking forward to checking that out!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Wait. You WAKE HIM UP? On purpose? My mind cannot comprehend that sentence.

In what part of S.A. are you looking for houses? Very exciting.

I'll be interested to hear what you think of the monsoon season once it really hits!

Joel and Angela said...

Yeah, If he isn't up by 7:30 I wake him up so he can take a nap from 9-11 and then ALL THREE can take a nap from 1-3:30! I don't wake him up from his last nap. Then he goes down around 7:30.

Looking in the northeast part. So many houses to look at and still new ones being built!!! Where does your fam live?

Jenn said...

I agree. Luke does look like his Daddy in that picture.

Jenn said...

I like this one - MLS 593564. Is that in the general area you are looking at? Have you checked out www.texasrealestate.com?

Jenna Stitzel said...

So much to think about and so much to do with the move! Just FYI...my family lived in Encino Park and it has a new area that is beautiful. Great location to Randolph. I'm so jealous!

Your kids are beautiful and look so happy! Love this blog stuff! :)

Katie said...

Wow! Great sleeping schedule you have going there! I'm impressed!!

John's mom lives right near Randolph in the Olympia neighborhood..its really nice.

Blog Archive