Saturday, June 03, 2006

Another ouchie!!! Claire is so prone to accidents! We were at a friends house this morning and the kids were playing together in the playroom. Both Myah and I were in the room with the kids. Claire was playing with this little yellow wagon. It looked so harmless. Yet, Claire found a way to make it dangerous. She sat in the wagon and it folded in half, flipping her forward on the floor! Head first! Right on her forehead! I seriously think I heard her skin split from where I was standing. I pick her up immediately and hold her head to my chest. I knew there would be some sort of mark, but I didn't want to look. When I did, there was blood EVERYWHERE! I didn't know where it was coming from. We did get her cleaned up and Myah called the front desk to see if there was a hotel doctor or nurse and we were transferred to room service! Go figure! "Yes, I would like 2 sterile strips, surgical tape, and an order of fries please." Thank goodness the house keeping manager was close by and help us in our time of need. He called the doctor and he came within 20 minutes. I was so worried about her having to have stitches! The doctor put tape and a bandaid on it. Sideways! Not vertically! I didn't really care for the way he bandaged her cut, so Joel and Earl doctored it later this afternoon. She is back to her usual self now. I don't think we will ever be able to keep this girl still!

4 comments:

Joel and Angela said...

Yeah, Poor Claire is covered in bruised that she accumilates here and there. But nothing ever slows her down!

Anonymous said...

Now you all understand a little of the nervous wreck I was when Angela was little - even younger than Claire and Sky! When we finally took her to the doctor, she still had the goose egg on her forhead and black eyes from that, her front tooth missing, and wouldn't walk for 3 weeks because of a fall on the concrete floor! I was so glad that our doctor was a friend of the family so they wouldn't think to put me away!!
Claire is sooo much like her mom!!!
Wish I could hold her close right now...

Anonymous said...

AND, Aunt Emily will be able to show Claire the scar on her forehead from when her mom let her fall against the brick step!
OH, Me O My!!

Katie said...

Oy vey. Poor Claire!

Blog Archive