This weekend we finally ventured out to enjoy some of Oman's beauty!!! We have a beach 200 feet from our front door, but drove 45 minutes to go to a different beach. This beach is actually very beautiful!!! Mirbat beaches have lots of little coves where you can go snorkeling or just enjoy relaxing and listening to the sound of the waves! The water is so blue and the sand is soft and white. We were the only ones there so it was like having our own private beach. Joel enjoyed snorkeling. I tried it and realized that I am claustrophobic. We don't have the best mask and water would leak in from the sides, so I was freaking out when the water would rise above my nose. And sea creatures scare me! All I saw were fish about the size of my thumb.
And everytime I saw one, I could hear my breath get deeper and faster. I can't imagine what I would have done it I saw something bigger! I do want to try it again, but with better equipment.The girls LOVED playing in the waves and getting sand all over them. We stayed out there for about 3 hours. The girls were covered in Sunscreen with SPF 50 and still got a little redness on them. Katheryn has got quite the tan line going. Claire and I don't know what a tan line is. Luke and I stayed under the tent most of the time. I don't get him out in the sun much at all. He really loves to watch his sisters. He would just sit on my knee and stare at them. Every once in a while he would let out a laugh and bounce a little. He can't wait to be able to play with them!








3 comments:
Oh my gosh! That is just GORGEOUS. I am so in the mood to go a beautiful beach like that!
I tried snorkeling just last year and I'm the same way...I was so scared! I know its irrational, because I will swim in those same waters, but once I SEE what's down there? Scary!
Sounds like a great get-away. The setting is beautiful! I like the picture of Katheryn in the sand. Claire's swimsuit is too cute:)
I'm with you and Katie on snorkeling. Your story reminds me of snorkeling in Aruba around the ship wreckage. Very scary, as you never know what is on the other side of the wreckage. Yikes! The next time I'll try snorkeling again will be in a pool:)
Angela,
Thanks for the updates. It is wonderful to actually see the kids growing up...but oh so fast! The photos are gorgeous. We will meet you in Europe for the next assignment!
t
Post a Comment