Sunday, April 30, 2006


This morning, the girls got up earlier than normal. No big deal. I just hadn't had time to get their breakfast ready. So I asked them what they wanted to eat. Katheryn is so much like her daddy. "Chocolate chip pancakes!" I feel bad enough that we have it once a week! I mean really! Are chocolate chip pancakes any healthier than a chocolate chip cookie. You put the same stuff in it! Butter, eggs, sugar, flour, chocolate! So I tried to persuade her to eat oatmeal instead. No budging! I had a great idea. I will add oatmeal to the pancake batter and "Vwala"! We both win. It is healthy and it is still chocolate chip pancakes! So we sit down to eat and she takes a few bites. And then she says, "Mom, what did you put in these?"
I mumble, "Tell you later."
"I don't like telelaters!"
So my atttempt at a healthy breakfast didn't go well. But Mommy's rule is....
"You don't have to eat all of it, but you have to eat most of it"

2 comments:

Katie said...

Too funny!!!! I'm impressed you make ANY pancakes from scratch. I buy those "Pour N Shake" things...when I make pancakes. Which is about once a year! Can I come over to your house for breakfast?

Joel and Angela said...

I do make pancakes from scratch, but not all the time! I have Aunt Jemimah in the kitchen helping me here. In the US, I like to make them with Bisquick and buttermilk. You are welcome at my house ANYTIME!

Blog Archive