Friday, April 07, 2006

VILLA FEVER!
Actually it is the flu! For a week now, we have been stuck in the house doing almost nothing but watching TV. It started last Friday when Katheryn started complaining about being cold. She was wearing a sundress and it was 85 degrees outside (at least). So I took her temperature and confirmed that she had a fever. I gave her strict instructions to stay in one spot on the couch, don't move, and don't get close to Luke.
The next day, Joel calls on his way home from work and says he was sick too! He had flown earlier that day and shortly after take off realized he was coming down with something since his head felt like a bowling ball.
We have never really had a problem with Claire drinking out of Katheryn's cup. But for some reason, this week she thought it was a game. I caught her NUMEROUS times drinking Katheryn's juice. Needless to say, Claire caught the bug too. Joel took her in to the doctor yesterday because we were concerned with her breathing. An xray showed early stages of pneumonia and she was given antibiotics.
Katheryn had fever for 5 whole days. Joel had fever for 4 days. Claire is on day 5 today but seems to be doing a lot better.
As of today, Luke and I have managed to ward off the flu germs. I pray that we avoid this all together. No one has been allowed to touch Luke much less look in his direction. I have already gone through a can of Lysol and have no skin left on my hands from washing them over and over and over! We are tired of watching Mary Poppins and our Disney collection. Hopefully in a few more days we will be able to venture back outside and enjoy the beautiful weather here. We did manage to play a game of hind and seek! Not too many hiding places in our little villa, but Joel does a good job of finding new and interesting places to hide.

No comments:

Blog Archive