GOOD FRIDAY
Since our weekends here in Salalah are Thursday/Friday, our church held a Good Friday service. The passage was on the 7 sayings of Christ. Our pastor asked people in the church to speak, sing, pray and read from the scripture. I was asked to sing. So I chose the song "Completely Free" by Big Daddy Weave. I am lucky that our friend and neighbor, Dan Dobbins, plays the guitar! He did a fantastic job. Of course, my mic didn't work until AFTER I finished singing!
Joel was asked to speak on the 2nd saying fo Christ (Luke 23:43) and did a wonderful job! I wasn't able to actually hear him since I had to leave the service with the kids, but I did read his notes!
~~~~~~~
~~~~
Completely Free
By: Big Daddy Weaver
~~~~~
Broken and poured out for the love of his creation
God paid a debt He did not owe
Bearing my pain not one was his equal
And wearing my shame so that I could know him.
He gave us all he had to give
So that we could truly live.
So let's give all we have to Him
So that we can be completely........... free!
And as they placed the thorns on his brow
As they drove the nails into his hands and his feet,
He looked past the moment to where we are now
And gave us the victory from what seemed his defeat.
He said, "Here's my body, it's broken in two.
Here is my blood let it cover you
All that I have is now yours to receive
Payment in full so that you can be free."
He gave us all he had to give
So that we could truly live.
So let's give all we have to Him
So that we can be completely,
Oh without a doubt completely,
So that we can be completely............... free!
~~~~Completely Free
By: Big Daddy Weaver
~~~~~
Broken and poured out for the love of his creation
God paid a debt He did not owe
Bearing my pain not one was his equal
And wearing my shame so that I could know him.
He gave us all he had to give
So that we could truly live.
So let's give all we have to Him
So that we can be completely........... free!
And as they placed the thorns on his brow
As they drove the nails into his hands and his feet,
He looked past the moment to where we are now
And gave us the victory from what seemed his defeat.
He said, "Here's my body, it's broken in two.
Here is my blood let it cover you
All that I have is now yours to receive
Payment in full so that you can be free."
He gave us all he had to give
So that we could truly live.
So let's give all we have to Him
So that we can be completely,
Oh without a doubt completely,
So that we can be completely............... free!








No comments:
Post a Comment