
I thought I would try my hand at making a coconut cake. And when I say making a coconut cake...I mean from scratch. There are coconut and banana stands outside the villa (no picture yet) and we get fresh coconuts and bananas there ALL THE TIME! So I got a recipe from my favorite online recipe place (allrecipes.com) and got to it!. The picture is of me in the final stages of grating the coconut on top of the cake (DUH). I had to cook the layers one at a time due to having such a small oven so it took me all morning.
(If you are wondering what is on my arm it is a sticker. Manda sent the girls and I some fun things and among them were stickers for the girls. Claire absolutely loves stickers. Only one made it to my arm. The rest are covering my legs.)

Here is the finished product! Great presentation on my lovely Gail Pittman plate!

Yummy!
It turned out to be really good! Supposedly you are suppose to wait to eat it aday after it is made so the cake will soak up the coconut flavor, but it was still good and we look forward to having more tomorrow.








6 comments:
I'd say that cake was a definite hit. You should open a bakery or catering company or something, Angela. You're so talented!
My dream is to open a bed and breakfast with a come and go cafe!
A - I'm new to this blogging world, but I thought that I'd give it a try. Your cake looks delicious. I also love the Gail Pittman platter. Do you have other patterns that you like besides Tango? - J
YUP! Mimi knew what that was on your arm - and just who had put it there! (Joel loves for the girls to get stickers, Manda!) The cake must have tasted as good as it looks!
JLD! Tango is my favorite. But there are some others I really like but can't recall the names right now. I will have to check her website.
Your cake looks lovely! AND LOVE the Gail Pittman! :) Did you ever find the other plate? Miss you.
Post a Comment