That got your attention. Didn't it?
We finally did it! Had a bon-fire on the beach! It was AMAZING! Phenomenal (I stole that word from Christina, but I know she would agree.) The food, the company, the BEAU-TEE-FUL sunset! Ahhhh...so nice.
The kids acted like they were on steroids or had an adverse reaction to Benadryl. They were running all over the place. After it got dark, it was harder to keep count of everyone, but thankfully we made it back home with all of them.
I do believe that we will be taking all of our guests to a bon-fire on the beach. It is a must!
Just in case you didn't know....this is my honey, my main squeeze!
Ellen. That girl.
I tell ya what. These two are quite the pair. The really do love each other. Although, during the course of the night there was a time when Claire announced that she wanted her own room because she was mad at Katheryn, but that didn't last long. By the time we got home, they had made up and they were snuggled together in the bed.
(Luke really did go with us. He just didn't stop long enough for a picture. Or maybe he was off saving the world as Spidey-Boy!)
Of course the men did a fabulous job getting our fire going. It was actually quite humorous watching five men (plus the boys) try and get this baby going, but it didn't take long before that fire was blazing.
The ladies. We brought the food. Good stuff.
The heavens declare the Glory of the Lord! The skies proclaim the work of His hands.
Psalm 19:1
(That's all I'm gonna say 'bout that!)
This is only a small portion of the kids that we brought along. Once the sun started setting I tried to round them up for a big group picture, but some were climbing on the rocks and others were buried in the sand.
Davis was a bit late for the picture, so we took one of him solo. What are those things on his face you may ask? Yeah...those are safety goggles. And apparently he knew what he was doing when he decided to wear them. Let's just say that we may be purchasing a few pair after I had two of my kids come crying to me about sand in the eyes! Smart kid that Davis.
The beautiful girl in the middle is Amanda. Yeah. She's famous. OK. Well almost famous. Her parents are staring in a reality show on HGTV this year about building log homes. She was here visiting her uncle. I just had to get a picture with her so one day when she's on TV, I can say I know her. We look like best friends don't we?
Kristiann and I are serious about our s'mores! Check out the look on my face. I like mine hot all the way through, but lightly toasted on the outside. Very hard to achieve.
After the night was over, we dragged the kids home, washed all our smoky smelling clothes, bathed, and said goodnight, we crashed. But it was well worth it!








3 comments:
Yay! I love it when my friends become friends (you and Kristiann!). Looks like a ton of fun and you look gorgeous in the pic of you and Joel!
It sure was fun, let's do it again soon!
Christina
I have been looking forward to beautiful California beach pictures. Yay!
Post a Comment