Friday, August 28, 2009

Pioneer Woman

I want to be this woman! http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/

After the release of the news that we had started our homeshooling adventure, a friend of mine directed me to this blog. It is FULL of all types of information and recipes and etc!! She literally is living the life that I want to live! I have been consumed with the desire to read her blog, but it has so much information that it is overwhelming. I feel so far behind already. And where in the world does she find the time? I am going to become a cyber stalker now. I want to meet this woman!



The first week of schooling has been a success. We do still need to work out some scheduling kinks. The girls have been FANTASTIC! They have completed all their assignments with little complaining (if any at all) and know all of their memory work. I know it sounds like I am bragging a bit, but I am more amazed at how much they have done and learned in just a weeks time.


I am tired. I have been staying up at night, trying to figure out the next days lessons. With ABEKA, the lessons are pretty much spelled out for you. But I like to be prepared and have a feel for the next morning with hopes that it will go smoothly. Then after staying up way later than my normal bedtime, I read. This week I have been reading The Red Tent by Anita Diamant. I haven't been able to put it down.

Joel has been out of town this week for work, so all the extra help with household things are all on my head as well. Joel is a HUGE help, and without him here things start piling up. Especially laundry! UGH! The clothes are all clean, but there are three baskets of clothes to fold on my bedroom floor and one in the dryer. I guess I know what I will be doing during rest time today. Have I ever told you how much I despise laundry?

P.S. Aren't you proud of me? I figured out how to post web links!!!

7 comments:

Stacie said...

I'm guessing you don't realize this but you're the very thing to me what this Pioneer Woman is to you, an inspiration and more. Angela you're the type of Mother I wish I could be. You're the type of wife I wish I could be. I don't think you need to strive to be better because you're already at the top of your game in my eyes. I'll bet you a chocolate chip cookie I'm not the only one who thinks this :) The only difference between you and "Pioneer" is that I've been so lucky and blessed that I HAVE ALREADY MET YOU!!!

Joel and Angela said...

Stacie...I am so humbled by those words. Thank you so much for your kindness. I seriously am speechless that you think that highly of me. Believe me, I have tons of faults!!! You don't have to bet me a chocolate chip cookie for anything. I will gladly give you one any day (if I don't eat the cookie dough first!) Thanks again!
I haven't been able to get on your blog. Did you go private?

Elizabeth said...

I would have assumed you knew about Pioneer Woman because you seem so much like her to me, too! And you HAVE to try her sleeping in omelet. You will never regret it.

Joel and Angela said...

Elizabeth, I just looked up that omelet, and I am wishing I had all the ingredients. I seriously will be making this soon! I made her perfect pancakes this morning and they were AWESOME....if I say so myself. I will have you over one Saturday. You can drop the kids off....go for your run...and come back for breakfast!
Thanks for the compliment. But really....I have a long way to go!
A

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I introduced you to PW. It will take hours out of your life and dollars out of your wallet.

Her pico de gallo and guac are staples at my house.

Jess

Katie said...

I wish I had her photography skill as well...

And I totally TOTALLY agree with Stacie! I wish I were more like you! You are so good natured and laid back with your kids. And you always have such a clean and homey looking house...and such a good attitude on top of it. I can't seem to manage that myself! :) Not to mention you're a great singer and a chef as well!

Vicki said...

Stacie and Katie have it right! You are amazing! And, yes, I am proud of you because I DO NOT know how to post a link!

Blog Archive