For the past FOREVER AND A DAY, Katheryn has been working VERY hard to get ready for a gymnastics competition. The competition was yesterday, and I can breathe a little easier now. I now know what it is like to get nervous for your child. I always get nervous (ALWAYS) whenever I perform, but NOTHING like the nerves I had yesterday! If you have ever been to a gymnastic competition you will know that it it not a quiet place. Not like tennis! Everyone is talking. Well, when Katheryn was up for each event, I found myself telling people I didn't know to "Sshhhh!!" I now know that I will be that mom at the little league game screaming my head off.
Katheryn was in level 3 for the competition. Her level does not get places, but they do get color cards. Blue is 9+, Pink is 8+, White is 7+, and yellow is 7-. She got blue on the floor, pink on dive roll and bar, and white on beam ( which I think is CRAP!) I told her she got all blue in my book! After I told her that she responded, "Really? You have a book, Mom?" (Notice....the "-my" after "Mom" has been officially dropped from my 6 , almost 7, years olds lips! When did this happen?)My babies are growing up!!!!!)
*****
Watch for posts on:
-Claire's Birthday (IT'S TODAY PEOPLE!!! AND I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT TO GET HER!)
-My new bathroom
-What was I thinking??????
(I reserve the right to not post anything on these topics if I don't want to or have time to. I have found that I am way busier than I ever thought I could be)








15 comments:
"GO KATHERYN, GO KATHERYN!!!" B & H yelled as they watched the video:)
"GO KATHERYN, GO KATHERYN!!!" B & H yelled as they watched the video:)
"GO KATHERYN, GO KATHERYN!!!" B & H yelled as they watched the video:)
"GO KATHERYN, GO KATHERYN!!!" B & H yelled as they watched the video:)
You are KIDDING ME. I cannot BELIEVE she is that good! I am totally flabbergasted. So amazing. She has such poise!
Okay. So, when did she start gymnastics? Because Becca just started at age 3 and she can't do ANYTHING.
Ok...of course I think Katheryn was "the best", but there were some other kids out there who looked younger than Katheryn doing things I haven't even seen at the Olympics!!!
Katheryn started gymnastics at age 5. Claire started at 3. Claire is doing good too. She just doesn't like the stretching part abd her heart isn't in it just yet.
Great for Kathryn. That is fantastic. Luke calls me mom and he is 2. I have no idea where he got it from. Happy Birthday Claire!
BLUE all the way! What a peanut doing a great job. Samantha is inspired!
Precious Pizzazz!!
(Mimi would be panting by the time she got to the mats after that long run!!)
Sooo cute!!! I am thoroughly impressed! Way to go Kathryn!
You rocked, Katheryn!!
By the way, her bars were great!! Unless you've seen them trying to master that mill circle 200 times, you just don't realize how hard it is!!! Did y'all compete at Alamo this past weekend? We had a few girls there.
Yeah Katheryn! Wow, Angela - I can't believe how much she can do! Very Impressive! She is so poised.
Denise
Go Katheryn! I'm so glad I got to see you even though I wasn't there! You are so graceful and talented!! You make my heart smile watching you do something I know you love. Keep it up sweetheart! Love, Mrs. Bishop
Awesome Angela...how time flys..your "baby" Katheyrn is a beautiful gymnist...congratulations! Do you remember our violin days at French Camp...love and miss you Cindy McCaskill
Post a Comment