So I will try to start from the beginning of our two week long trip. After eight years of saying "we need to get together"....my girlfriends from college and I FINALLY did it! No kids! We met together in Mobile at Renie's new house and it seemed like only a few weeks had past since we had last seen each other. That weekend was full of fun. Renie had her personal chef make us pineapple pecan biscuts for breakfast (does a brother count as a personal chef?) Then we headed of to get our nails done (Fingers and toes)! After that we went to Renie's dad's girlfriend's 60th birthday party on Dauphin Island. OK...I know you thinking that doesn't sound like a lot of fun, but let me tell ya...I have never been to a more "happening" 60th birthday party. Even the cops were called!! Mainly because of the noise level. But can you imagine turning 60 and having the cops come to your birthday party? Then we moved on to the local hang out on the island. We were definitely the "hottest" ladies there. Mainly because we had brushed our teeth, fixed our hair and didn't have cut off jeans on. Some college graduates had taken interest in us until they realized we were "old". But we were still flattered. We tried to recuperate the next day. Eating at local restaurants and shopping. All in all it was a blast and it made me feel young again.
I headed back to my parents house. They were keeping the kids for me. We road the tractors, flew a kite, fed the goats, and roasted marshmallows. The kids had fun visiting Mimi and Papa and getting spoiled. Later that week we headed to Tupelo. We stayed in my sister Beth's new house. Bode (my nephew) has a sand box in the yard and the kids loved it. Claire especially loved pouring the sand outside the box. Luke just loved getting dirty.
On the spur of the moment, I decided to take the kids to Nashville. I have always loved Nashville!! My friends, Candace and Matt, live there and invited us to see them. Katheryn fell in love with their dog, Pepe. She was worried when we left that he would miss her. While we were in Nashville, Candace took us downtown and we visited some shops on Broadway and had some really good BBQ! We saw Elvis and the girls tried on cowboy boots. We crammed a lot into a 24 hour visit.
On the spur of the moment, I decided to take the kids to Nashville. I have always loved Nashville!! My friends, Candace and Matt, live there and invited us to see them. Katheryn fell in love with their dog, Pepe. She was worried when we left that he would miss her. While we were in Nashville, Candace took us downtown and we visited some shops on Broadway and had some really good BBQ! We saw Elvis and the girls tried on cowboy boots. We crammed a lot into a 24 hour visit.
Then...back to Tupelo. This time we stayed with my Aunt Martha. She loves the girls and hasn't been able to spend much time with them, and I have always enjoyed visiting with her too. The kids had fun swimming in her pool and visiting with Mark and Drew.After a night with Martha, we went back to Mimi and Papa's for a few days and then went to Jackson for a night at my sister, Emily's. We went to the museum and learned about birds that prey. The kids were more interested in the fish tanks. Thank goodness we live near Sea World!
Then on Friday, we started our journey home. My brother and sister-in law (Jay and Nisreen) followed us home. It was so nice to have the extra help for the potty stops.
OK...so that's where I have been.








2 comments:
That is so cool! You were so busy--are you exhausted? Or are you just super-energy woman (or, am I just super non-energy woman, for that matter!?)
I love Katheryn's hair cut!
P.S. GOOD FOR YOU for doing the girls' weekend. That is so wonderful!
Post a Comment