Saturday, September 30, 2006

OH! WHAT A WEEK! The kids have been sick the past week. Fever and a cold. I hate when my babies get sick! But better now than in TWO WEEKS! They are all feeling so much better today.We are doing our best to take advantage of living so close to the beach. Last night after supper we took a stroll on the sandy shores to see if we could find any shells for our collection. The khareef is over now . The sun shines all day long and the ocean breeze sends smells of salt into the air. The tide has gone back and the current isn't as strong.

The girls set out with their bucket and started picking up sea shells. It is so neat to see the little hermit crabs and other creatures run for shelter when they see Katheryn and Claire chasing them. I am surprised that Katheryn is a bit more brave than Claire at picking up moving critters. I look over at Joel and he is doing some sort of dance in the waves. He starts yelling to bring over the bucket. So the kids and I run over to see what his excitement is all about. When I look into the water I see that he has been dancing with this crab. He takes the bucket and scoops it up to show it to the girls. Claire didn't want anything to do with it . I think Katheryn would have taken it home as a pet.

I was with Claire on this one!

1 comment:

Katie said...

ACK!!! It looks fine in the water, but once its in the bucket it looks all pale and nasty! Ew.

Blog Archive