Wednesday, August 02, 2006

So I think I can dance...
Well, I never really thought I could dance. Even though I do like to get my groove on every now and then. So, the Yoga instructor decided she would teach a class. I think it is funny that I come all the way to the Middle East and have an Alabama girl teaching me (and Lebanese women) how to belly dance! And she is good! I hear it belly fusion is a new exercise technique.
I was so excited to go the first class. I have seen belly dancers here at the Plaza, and I think...that looks easy! I can do that! Yeah Right! I was terrible! Of course I haven't done any kind of dancing in a long time. I looked like the tin man off of The Wizard of Oz!! But it was a lot of fun and I went to my 2nd class the other night with little improvement. I don't know why it is called belly-dancing. You really move more of your hips, butt and arms. Of course, this is a beginner class!
Ghetto, Kiwi, Tangy and Sloppy...you would LOVE it, and Ghetto would be so good at it! I can't help but think back to Classix when I really did think I could dance. And I really don't know why Kiwi picked me to be in the Songfest Opening that year with Get Down Tonight and then the next year as Michael Jackson! You must have loved me! I am also reminded of rehearsal for Tapestry when the dance instructor came in, looked at me and my frail-self, and thought I was a ballerina.HA! By the end of the first dance class, she was so frustrated with me! I tried to explain to her that I had never had any kind of training.
Anyway, if you find a belly dancing class where you live...DO IT! It is so much fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My computer didn't download the picture for some reason...
: )

Joel and Angela said...

Yeah right...like I am going to put a picture of me belly dancing on there! Funny Mom!

Anonymous said...

You flatter me!! I don't think I could belly dance if I tried! I just don't move that way!

Love you!
Angela

Blog Archive