Monday, May 08, 2006

Joel called this morning and said he would be flying over the plaza if we wanted to go outside and watch him. So the kids and I headed outside with the camera and I noticed this guy climbing up the tree to cut down the coconuts. I took this picture from our front porch. The palm tree is on the golf course and the beach is just beyond the other side of the fence. It was cloudy this morning. The weather is starting to change for the monsoon season. (Joel's jet was too high to get a good picture). The dirt you see to the immediate right is from construction that was done before we arrived (not the beach). The beach is hard to see for the clouds.



This tree is also right outside our villa. When we arrived here (the second time) there was only 1 bird nest in the tree. Now there are at least 15!!! I called and complained about the mess that they make and requested that they be removed (hello? Bird FLU!) The housekeeping manager came by to tell me the nests had baby birds in them and they cannot capture birds or they will be put in jail "by orders of his majesty" (the Sultan). Ok? I'm not going to tell him! Anyway, he did say as soon as the baby birds fly away, they will remove the nest. Can someone send me a blow up owl or snake?

2 comments:

Katie said...

BIRD FLU! AAAAAA RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! That cracked me up!

Joel and Angela said...

Just for the record...there have been no reports of the bird flu here in Oman....yet. But it is still gross to have all those birds right outside.

Blog Archive