Sunday, March 19, 2006

A Day in the Life of Us.....
The kids and I have been here for about 3 weeks now. Since then we have gotten on somewhat of a routine. Of course, Joel used to have a quiet and peaceful life without us here. His daytime was filled with driving an hour to work (leaving at 6am), working 6 hour days, then driving back home (another hour). If you add it all up he technically does work at LEAST 8 hours a day including drive time. He would get home around 3pm and have two choices on what to do. Pool or Beach. Of course he could also do sightseeing, but we are talking an average day. Needless to say, the boy is tan.
Then we arrive.
For a while I would just sleep until a little one woke me up or until the sun came pouring in through the window (long after Joel left for work). My days were so crazy trying to get ready and spend time with the kids and try to see that we did something constructive.
So I decided I was going to get up with Joel.
That way I can spend time with him before he heads off to work, enjoy a cup of coffee with him, do a load of laundry, and get ready for the day all before the kiddos wake up.
I have breakfast ready for them when they wake up. After breakfast Luke takes a nap and the girls and I do pre-school. (Claire is happy coloring). We read and play games or puzzles. After Luke's nap we take a walk or go see friends. Then it is Lunchtime and Naptime for everyone.
Joel gets home shortly after the kids wake up from nap and we all try to go swimming, play outside, or run some errands.
Every night is different. We have movie night, pizza night (Now we order from the local Pizza Hut since my oven is so small!), Friday night dinner on the lawn, and I do still cook....some.
Bathtime is RIGHT after dinner.
And Bedtime is still 8:00 p.m.
Joel and I don't stay up too long after the kids go down. He gets up at 4:50a.m. so he needs his beauty sleep (and so do I).
Our daily routine has definitley slowed down A LOT from when we lived in Phoenix. We love and cherish each moment we get to spend with the kids. We are glad we are here so we can have time to focus more on them and our family. I turned 30 the other day and some one asked me if that was hard for me to do. I said, "No. It was much harder for me to see our daughter turn 4. That means we only have 14 more years to spend with her until she moves out." The first four years have already gone by way too fast and I don't want to miss anything!!! I never want to look back and wish I had done more with my children.

I do miss family and my friends in Phoenix...A LOT!!! Thank God for high speed internet so we can keep in touch. We really hope that our next assignment will be with some of the same neighbors we have had in the past!

(PS There is a problem with uploading pictures, so No pics this time! SORRY!)

1 comment:

Katie said...

WOW! I was way behind and just caught up reading! This is all so interesting...especially about the foods. What the heck is wrong with the US? Why do we have all that crap added to our foods? The kids are adorable as ever. Can't wait to hear more about what's going on with y'all!

Blog Archive